Tuesdays, May 2 – June 13, 2023, 6:30-9:30pm ET
$70 total for Participants; $30 total for Auditors (LIMITED AVAILABILITY) In Person in midtown NYC, Studio Location TBD
R.Evolución Latina is proud to announce their next Beyond Workshop Series Plus (BWS+) extended workshop: Learn How to Sing with the incredible Natalie Wilson! This technique-based course is designed for the aspiring singer with a strong desire to feel more confident performing and auditioning.
During the 7 Week course, you will gain tools to help you:
- tackle a new-to-you song
- breathe stronger and longer for singing (and life!)
- warm up and exercise your voice to gain access to more of your range
- project without yelling
- tell a story using your voice and the music
- glean useful information from sheet music even if you don’t read music
On Week 7 of the course, you will perform your new-to-you song, accompanied by a live pianist, in front of a supportive audience of family and friends!
- Tuesdays, May 2 – June 13, 2023, 6:30-9:30pm ET
- In Person at a midtown NYC studio
- 7 Weeks Total: 6 Weeks of Training, 1 Week of Sharing
- $70 total for Participants; $30 total for Auditors (LIMITED AVAILABILITY)
- Both Participants and Auditors will engage in group vocal exercises and a group song!
- Only Full Participants will get individual session time with Natalie, but there is always TONS to be learned by watching others work!
- Applications are due Monday, April 10, by 5pm ET!
About the Instructor:
Natalie Wilson (she/her) has been teaching voice and music for over 25 years. Her students perform on Broadway, Off-Broadway, on national tours, and with regional theaters across the country. A former opera singer herself, Natalie melds traditional bel canto technique with modern voice science to help her singing students meet the demands of a professional musical theater career without strain or fatigue. In addition to her private studio, she is on faculty at Circle in the Square Theater School where she teaches both vocal technique and music theory.
Natalie is passionate about making singing and musical theater more accessible and inclusive. In addition to training professionals, Natalie enjoys working with amateurs who love to sing purely for the joy of it. She also has particular skills in working with both neuro-diverse and gender-diverse clients.
Natalie holds a Masters Degree in Voice Performance and Pedagogy, and her performing career included such varied roles as the title role in Carmen, Sesto in La Clemenza di Tito, and Desiree in A Little Night Music. Also now a writer for both stage and screen, Natalie knows the performing arts business from many sides.