80 Campers, 20 Volunteers and Over 25 Teaching Artists TOGETHER AGAIN
Our 15th Annual Dare to Go Beyond Performing Arts Camp was back in person again thanks to a community of individuals that are ready to Go Beyond. As always our family of artists from Broadway and the Latinx communities stepped up to make our first camp after 2 years of being virtual, due to COVID.
Check out what happened when WE were Back Together Again:
- We had 5 inspiring days with 4 Team Directors, 4 Team Captains, and over 15 additional professional teaching artists from Broadway and the New York City theatre industry.
- We had a diverse group of artists representing who we are and being so inspired by our unique process.
- We walked from 34th Street to 50th Street with 75 kids and 25 teachers, parents and chaperones through Times Square to see the Music Man on Broadway. What an adventure 🙂
- We provided for some of these kids the opportunity to see their first musical and probably the first trip to Times Square.
- We connected artists and created a space for collaboration.
- We built a community… Parents are KEY in this process, their willingness to help and jump to support each other, is something we appreciated a lot.
- We learned and sang a remix of 3 songs, chosen by our team of directors and created by the music department.
- We provided a week of artistic experiences to inspire, to dare, and to provide tools that can help these children and youth become citizens of the world.
- Our process continues to dare us to go beyond. It’s a win-win for everyone involved.
Thank you to the organizations, artists, volunteers, parents that made this camp possible. The generous support of the Herman Gold man Foundation and the amazing Broadway Cares Family whose unwavering support is never ending.
This program is supported by
The Herman Goldman Foundation.
Watch the video above from this year’s camp experience. We connected leaders and artists that were committed to create a meaningful experience of growth, and this is the impact in action.
Our Diverse Team of Artists:
GROUP DIRECTORS & CAPTAINS: Facundo Augustin, Danelle Rivera, Mario Peguero, Zu Ralat, Juliana Betancur, Brittany Jenkis, Natalia Peguero, Nicholas Masson.
TEACHING ARTISTS: Ehizoje Azeke, Roddy Kennedy, Mariana Herrera, Rosie Fiedelman, Gabriella Sorrentino, Anna Guerra, Albert Guerron, Sunilda Reyes, Nando Moreland, Whitney Hicks, Cristal Lopez.
Music Director: Justin Ramos
VIDEO EDITOR: Claudia Mulet
PHOTOS BY: Krystal Pagan