Our Beyond Workshop Series provided professional art development to 60 local artists, developing leaders that are helping us expand our mission. We also offered our first international scholarship to a young artist from La Paz, Mexico. RL continues to expand its global community, reaching beyond NYC.
- The D2GB School Arts Program collaborated with existing and new educators, inspiring 320 youths, making 24 visits to schools and community centers on subjects such as bullying, leadership and team work.
- Our signature program, the D2GB Children’s Performing Arts Camp celebrated 5 years! We invited 175 children around NYC to participate in a week-long program with the wonderful theme of IMAGINATION.
- We were so proud to present our biggest production to date, Amigo Duende, a new musical. Our initial audience of more than 3,500 children and families at El Museo del Barrio this October was just the beginning.
- Kids Beyond Broadway program brought the magic of live theatre to more than 1,000 kids this year. Amigo Duende, a new musical provided the joy of imagination to 640 kids and families, and over 150 kids attended the TheatreworksUSA’s Skippyjon Jones and the 2012 NYMF’s Zapata, the musical.
- We welcomed new artists from the Broadway, film and TV industries into our team and aligning with our mission. The artistic and Latino communities go beyond to collaborate with us and this year was no exception.
- RL helped José Carlos Casado (founder NY/Anantapur) and Ioana Alfonso by awarding a grant to NY/Anantapur to fund 2 schools/community centers that were built in the village of Pedda Yellampalli in 2011. In the Winter of 2012 José Carlos Casado visited India to inaugurate the school buildings.