We Are Going Beyond in 2013!
On January 25th R.Evolución Latina left it’s mark in the hearts of many musical theater students and teachers from Lima, Peru. R.Evolución Latina, the arts based nonprofit organization concluded it’s first international Beyond Workshop Series in Lima. In only two weeks RL empowered 53 students, nine local teaching artists and the whole district of El Carmen by sharing it’s philosophy of “Daring to Go Beyond”. Students were immersed in a two week intensive workshop exploring the disciplines of Acting, Voice and Dance led by top teachers Julie Freundt, Roberto Ángeles, Vania Masías, Elena Romero, Denisse Dibós, Cesar Vega, Juan Pablo Lostannau, Alfredo Di Natale, Raúl Romero and Pedro Ibañez as well as New York teachers Doreen Montalvo, Gabriela Garcia and RL founder/director Luis Salgado. RL continues to empower lives through the arts by sharing the idea of Going Beyond, taking risks, respect, commitment, believing in yourself and building community in every class regardless of the discipline.
Not only better artists but better human beings inclined to help one another and their community. On January 18th, 45 students and teachers joined RL as volunteers on a visit to the small Afro-Peruvian district of El Carmen in Chincha an area which is slowly rising from the damages of the earthquake in 2007, bringing music and arts to this area in order to create a healthier community, generating a space for education and entertainment which can make a difference within the population. Nearly 175 children and community members gathered in the town square to take part in the days activities. On the last day of the BWS (Peru), Founder/Director Luis Salgado led the entire team of teachers and students in a day full of challenging games that celebrated the growth of the students during the workshop and in conclusion 8 students were awarded scholarships to R.Evolución Latina’s BWS (NYC) this coming March. Tracy Alcántara, Estefania Vasquez, Alexis Solano, Anasofia Huerta, Andre Lecca, Cynthia Calderón, Maria Laura Salgado and Nicolás Vilallonga will be traveling to New York City this March to join a group of participants chosen for the BWS- NYC. Thanks to individuals like Lucia and Verónica Navaro and Pura Vibra Producciones who believe in RL’s mission and brought our program to Lima, we are able to continue to expand and empower more communities. Making a difference through the Arts.
If you know someone who would be interested in bringing the BWS to their community please write to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Revolution of Evolution Continues
Beyond Workshop Series Arrived in Peru January 2013
R.Evolución Latina in collaboration with Pura Vibra Productions and the School of Vania Masias, will award 60 scholarships to students from and around the Lima area. Our mission is to implement our Circle Effect in Lima empowering young performers to do their best and give back to their community. Traveling with the Beyond Workshop Series are Luis Salgado and Gabriela Garcia, Broadway performers and Directors of R.Evolución Latina as well as Doreen Montalvo (In the Heights). Along with teaching artists from the local performing arts community in Lima we will build a curriculum of workshops in Acting, Voice and diverse styles of dance. RL continues to build communities beyond the US. “We continue to make a difference through the Arts.”
Collaborators of our Beyond Workshop Series 2013 in Perú:
- Luis Salgado, Founder/Artistic Director of R.Evolución Latina (In The Heights, Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown)
- Gabriela García, Co-Founder/Director of R.Evolución Latina (Chicago The Musical on Broadway)
- Doreen Montalvo, Broadway performer (Giant, In The Heights)
- Roberto A’ngeles, Peruvian stage director with 35 years of a remarkable career.
- Elena Romero, Peruvian actress, singer and composer with 30 years of a successful career in theater, film, TV and radio. ElenaRomero.com
- Julie Freundt, Peruvian singer, composer, actress and dancer, with more than 20 years of interpreting pop and folklore music. General Manager of Acordes Producciones SAC JulieFreundt.com
- Cesar Vega, Musical Director of West Side Story in Peru and collaborator of Acordes Producciones and Preludo Asociación Cultural.
- Alfredo DiNatale, choreographer and dancer of Peruvian folklore “Marinera Norteña”. Two times National Champion Choreographer. AlfredoDinatale.com
- Vania Masías, choreographer, dancer, founder and director of Asociación Cultural D1 D1-Dance.com
For more about RL’s educational programs and Circle Effect click here: RevolucionLatina.org/The-Circle-Effect